here’s how we did it

I really tried to keep the costs down with the remodel of the camp rooms. I feel like budget is my middle name lately 🙂  
I used a lot of decor I already had and visited thrift stores and garage sales for the extras I needed. Paint was really the biggest cost.
The first thing we had to do was prep and paint the chalkboard wall. I did some research online and found that the best way to do a chalkboard wall was to add joint compound first, this is only needed when you are going to paint a textured wall. Next we sanded the wall and then applied the chalkboard paint. 

Here’s Matt helping me with the wall. He is so amazing and did so much to help get these rooms done. He never ceases to amaze me! 

Sanding the wall.

Now for my favorite part…the trees. This is an A frame building so the walls are slanted and it is impossible to hang anything on them. Adding the trees seemed like the perfect way to add character. 


We used frog tape which is a little pricier than blue painters tape but worth every penny. After I started the trees Matt wanted to give it a try. Well he ended up creating and taping most of them. I came through adding in the marks and paint. We did run out of frog tape on one wall so we just used what we had. 

Here is one of my favorite DIY projects. It was so cheap and easy and the end result was perfect. I think it’s my favorite because lamps are so expensive but such a necessary element of design. 
My sis in law was getting rid of this lamp. I found the shade at a garage sale for $5.00. A little glossy white spray paint and here it is the new lamp…

Thanks for checking out our new rooms. If anyone is in need of a beautiful campground for your next event. Check out www.capitalmountaincamp.org 

xo 
Ash 

Share:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *