Have you been to Zara?! Our mall here recently got a Zara and I am so happy!! They have a great mix of pieces and range in prices. I picked this LBD up for $19.00. It was such a great price I couldn’t resist getting it in both green and black.
Shop for a similar one here
Jewels: Miranda Frye & Vintage Mix
Lipstick current obsession Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Crush
Hi!!! I am so excited to share my new project with you! My new blog is finally done and I am ready to share everything I’ve been working on. OurAnchoredLife.com has been a dream of mine for a while now and it has taken some time and a lot of work but it’s done.
I have been blogging for several years but never really put any regular focus in it. It was a casual whenever I felt like it kinda thing. I know there have been some insecurities holding me back. Well I’m working through those insecurities and going for it. I love the above quote “You Know All Those Things You’ve Always Wanted To Do? You Should Go Do Them.” This is kinda how we ended up adopting. After reading the book “Start” I remember thinking I’ve always wanted to be a mom what are we waiting for?!
This blog is one of those things I’ve always wanted to do. It never seemed attainable to me until now. I remember reading a post from my favorite blogger Emily at Jones Design Company several years ago on The Truths About Blogging and it seemed impossible. There were so many things to figure out and I knew I wasn’t ready for it. However, recently that’s changed. I believe I am ready now. I took my time and didn’t rush through it like I normally do. Here are some of the steps I took to get started.
- I wanted to encourage others and had some things I wanted to share. Blogging is a great platform to do that.
- I decided on a name and bought the domain on GoDaddy. Picking a name was so hard for me but then once it came there were no questions about it.
- The biggest concern for me was what platform to go with. I decided on a WordPress site although it’s more work initially it is the best if you want to grow your blog in the long run. I had been using blogger up until now.
- I found a great affordable blog designer on get ready Etsy!! Yes, Etsy I am so happy with how things turned out.
- My sis in law shared an ebook with me How To Launch Your Blog in 90 Days by the girls at Who What Wear. It was so eye opening ummm a lot of work but it has been well worth it. I am figuring out this whole SEO thing little by little.
- The ebook helped me think about and plan out my content in ways I hadn’t done before. The book explains in detail how to do this. I had always blogged about random things in the past usually events I had done and decorating but this time I really wanted to dive into some deeper subjects.
So there you have it. Here are the steps I took to take the plunge into the world of blogging. Having been a mom now for a whopping 18 months I have seen first hand how quickly time goes. It’s weird because when I wasn’t a parent it didn’t seem like time moved this fast, right? It’s crazy how raising a little one makes time go by so much faster. Well as I was saying I have seen how fast time goes and I didn’t want to wake up one day and realize I never did that thing I always wanted to do. I guess you can insert anything in that. For me it was blogging and sharing our story.
It’s been fun putting all of this together. I hope you enjoy it and come back to check out what’s going on in our anchored life.