Today I’ve got a great recipe to share with you. I’m easing my way into meal planning and for Monday’s I’m planning a meatless meal. I have made this soup for years and thought it would be perfect for our meatless Monday rotation. It’s taken from one of Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean Cookbook. I love her cookbook, everything I’ve made from it is great!
Has anyone else tried these? They are amazing 🙂 I’ve seen them at Trader Joe’s and Safeway in the frozen sections. They also have Ginger and Cilantro ones.
Zesty Spinach Soup
2 Tbsp evoo (I use coconut oil)
1 purple onion peeled and coarsely chopped
1 thick carrot peeled and coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, passed through garlic press
1 tsp sea salt
Pinch of freshly ground pepper
6 Cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock or water
2 vegetable or chicken bouillon cubes
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup well rinsed quinoa
2 cups white kidney beans well rinsed and drained
1 tsp curry powder
pinch ground nutmeg
3 cups baby spinach
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large soup pot or dutch oven. Add onion and saute over medium-low heat until translucent.
- Add carrots, celery, garlic and salt. Saute until vegetables are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock or water. Unwrap bouillon cubes and add to liquid. Add tomatoes, quinoa, beans and spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender.
- Add the spinach and cover. Cook briefly, just until leaves are wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with crusty bread.
It’s amazing I got any pictures taken with this monkey at my feet! 😉
Does anyone else do meatless Monday’s? If so what are your favorite recipes?